Friday, March 13, 2009

Share and Voice: Camping

So I'm going on a backpacking trip to the Smokey Mountains. I'm going to be roughin' it for about 7 days! I figured I'm doing my part on saving a weeks worth of electricity and heat, but I wanted to make sure I'm camping in an environmentally way...

I found a few good tips I'll share incase anyone else likes to camp. These may be self explanatory to some but reducing the impact on the environment while you're out there is really important..

Leaving the area unspoiled and uncontaminated is the main factor:
-Know the regulations of where you are
-Understand the weather conditions
-Do not alter the area to make it into a campsite
-Use the trails, don't make your own!
-Be aware of where your steping, especially the plants and vegetation
-Check the campsite thoroughly before you leave for spilled food or trash
-Use pre-selected campfire ring if possible, and keep the fires to a minimum
-Respect the animals
-Be curtious to other campers!

Respect nature and you can have a fun, eco/earth friendly trip! I look forward to telling you all about mine! Have a great Spring Break

Some more info here!

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! I'm giving you the ENVIRO-COOL AWARD!! Pick It Up Later Today!!
    I looove camping and really want to do the whole backpacking thing in Europe for a couple months.. Not having much money and living out of the bag on your back can sure help save different aspects of the environment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme,
    Good Post, I also like to go camping on occasion, so this was a good read. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping so great post! Next time I go camping I am for sure going to use these tips. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete