Friday, April 3, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 9 & 10


These past two weeks have been less eventfull than the previous weeks. It was a helpful transition back from spring break! :)

Week 9:
We learned a little about advocacy which is the active promotion of a cause or principle. It is just one of our 7 Responsibilities as a Health Educator. There was an advocacy post where we found the names and contact information of our political representatives in Duluth. It was pretty interesting realizing how I am really not up to day on my political leaders. I thought it was a good learning experience for me to challenge myself and look a little deeper into political issues. We also talked a little bit about our photo essay that was due the next week and the ethics of taking pictures.

Week 10:
There was no class this week due to the AAPHERD conference held in Florida (I so wish I could be in Florida!!) Although we did have a photo essay that was talked about the week before due. I think this was one of my favorite assignments. I chose to do the Appalachian trails and the volunteer efforts that are put forth to keep the trails maintained. I went there for spring break so I knew ahead of time to find things that might work well with the photo essay. I really wanted to find the similarities and differences between the trails around Duluth..but unfortunately due to the nice weather that was dropped on us I just decided to do the Appalachian trails.

Once again these weeks flew by! The end of the school year is creeping up..it sure doesn't feel like it with all this snow we keep getting though!

3 comments:

  1. If only this snow would go away and let spring settle in. And yes I like what you said about the nice learning experience to look into political leaders and who runs the government, and makes decisions in the area we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme,
    Nice picture, is it from around here? This was a good week for me to get caught up on some of my homework. Good Reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme-

    I agree.. The photo essay was also one of my favorite posts. It was neat to get out and do some "hands-on stuff" not just sit behind the computer screen! Maybe for a share and voice you can do the whole topic on the trails.. I heard duluth has some nice ones? I'm not really sure haha.

    ReplyDelete