Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reflection: Weeks 13 & 14


Mkaay..second to last reflection. I'll have to say I'm a little excited..ok I'm REALLY excited for summer to come! It's bizarre to think that this next week coming up is our last! Anywhos..

Week 13: We watched this eye opening video..Story of Stuff. It's definitely one of my favorite videos so far. Next we did the Advocacy Project Issue Overview. I changed my topic from the first advocacy post to reducing car emissions by 30% by the year 2016. Lastly we got to go out in the nature and navigate ourselves through the woods!

Week 14: Tuesday we had a grad student come in to talk about future things to do in Environmental Studies and wrote our Advocacy Letters. Thursday we had a "Junking" activity! It was so much fun, I love being creative! :)

I'm looking forward to this last week! Bring on the summer!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Jayme,
    Good recap, it's hard to be inside bloggin' when it getting so nice outside! I can't wait to be done either!! Good luck on the last week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayme-

    I wish we could go outside everyday and just walk around bagley and try to find our way around using compasses.. it was really fun! I agree, the junking project was really fun, But I on the other hand, didn't feel so creative when listening to other people's ideas.. I was amazed at how some people could take something so random and make something useful out of it. Some things were more funny than useful though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayme,

    We get to learn about how to navigate through the woods. It was very fun to be in your group for this. I was glad to be your leap frog buddy for the woods navigation activity. The week 14 guest speaker was able to give me a grasp on what the AmeriCorps does.

    ReplyDelete